Public Insurance Adjusters are a highly trained and regulated group of professionals who commonly assist the insured to prepare property insurance claims. Typically, the Public Adjuster is hired before the insured resorts to litigation with an attorney, which might include a trial. When necessary, the Public Adjuster often refers the insured to an attorney or a law firm, such as James C. Ligman, P.A.
The typical role of the Public Adjuster includes:
- Review of the insurance policy
- Provide advice about your entitlements for your claim
- Fully document the insurance claim
- Provide the insurance company with a detailed building repair estimate
- Prepare a detailed physical inventory and appraisal of all damaged personal property
- Photograph and/or Video your damages
- Provide experts, if needed, to support the claim (outside vendors, such as attorneys, forensic engineers, contractors, roofers, plumbers, emergency dry-out experts to assist you)
- Present the fully documented claim to your insurance company on your behalf
- Negotiate the best possible insurance claim settlement
- Keep you apprised of ongoing settlement efforts
We welcome referrals from Public Adjusters when efforts to recover a fair settlement become a legal matter that necessitates the involvement of a law firm that focuses on the resolution of first party property insurance issues. Contact Florida Insurance Law Attorney James C. Ligman, P.A. today.